Sporechat - The Unofficial Spore Forums
Welcome to Sporechat!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Sporechat!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..."

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What do you think will happend on 2012?

2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..." - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..." - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..." - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..." - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..." - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..." - Page 2 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..." - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..." - Page 2 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..." - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..."

Post  Mod-Kironi_68 Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:24 pm

Oh really? I do have proof. There was a period of heat hotter than today before cars and airplanes were even invented. Also, coastal erosion and hurricanes don't effect me because I'm too far from the coast. If a hurricane hits Florida, we would just get a soft gust of wind, 4 days later. And it is quite cold now.Any climate change you're expiriencing is 1. you'er near the Equator, or 2. it's just natural.
Mod-Kironi_68
Mod-Kironi_68
Species
Species

http://everybodypanic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..." - Page 2 Empty Re: 2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..."

Post  Mod-Kironi_68 Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:27 pm

Mod-DudeMan95 wrote: What would you rather loose? Your money, or your planet?
My planet, it sucks. Of course, life as we know it will end, but that's a good thing.
Mod-Kironi_68
Mod-Kironi_68
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-DudeMan95 Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:20 am

Kironi_68 wrote:Oh really? I do have proof. There was a period of heat hotter than today before cars and airplanes were even invented[/b]. Also, coastal erosion and hurricanes don't effect me because I'm too far from the coast. If a hurricane hits Florida, we would just get a soft gust of wind, 4 days later. And it is quite cold now.Any climate change you're expiriencing is 1. you'er near the Equator, or 2. it's just natural.
1) That's it? hunf Thousands of years ago, yeah. Evidence overruled. Normally, natural climte change takes thousands or even millions of years, and I repeat, what's happening now is taking decades - alot faster. I asked you for evidence, you know. Rolling Eyes

2) That wont effect you. Eventually, other aspects of climate change will.

3) Have you even been listing?
Here where I live, it's summer. That, and we live in a semi-desert. For the first time in over fity years, we haven't had a single cloudless day! (That change took place in about two years - not hundreds of thousands.) Further south, we had a coastline covered in lush forrests. It used to be the wettest psrt of South Africa - today, they're experiencing the worse drought in recorded history - only 20% of the forrests are still there. Water has to be brought to them from our own water suply. The past two days, I was unable to get onto the internet because of interfearance caused by thunder storms. The banks of our river expanded by five meters on both sides, where it would normally be dried up this time of the year. In other coastal places such as Cape Town and Durban, 60% of the beaches have disappeared because of rising sea levels.
Florida is closer to the Equator than South Africa. Rolling Eyes I'm also not going to re-post all my evidence for why it's not natural because, apparently, you haven't been reading any of my posts. Neutral
Mod-DudeMan95
Mod-DudeMan95
Species
Species

Location : If I told you, I'd have to kill you. You think I'm lying? How'd you know? o.0 Fine, South Africa. T_T

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-Kironi_68 Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:00 pm

Mod-DudeMan95 wrote:
Kironi_68 wrote:Oh really? I do have proof. There was a period of heat hotter than today before cars and airplanes were even invented[/b]. Also, coastal erosion and hurricanes don't effect me because I'm too far from the coast. If a hurricane hits Florida, we would just get a soft gust of wind, 4 days later. And it is quite cold now.Any climate change you're expiriencing is 1. you'er near the Equator, or 2. it's just natural.
1) That's it? hunf Thousands of years ago, yeah. Evidence overruled. Normally, natural climte change takes thousands or even millions of years, and I repeat, what's happening now is taking decades - alot faster. I asked you for evidence, you know. Rolling Eyes

Here where I live, it's summer. That, and we live in a semi-desert. For the first time in over fity years, we haven't had a single cloudless day! (That change took place in about two years - not hundreds of thousands.) Further south, we had a coastline covered in lush forrests. It used to be the wettest psrt of South Africa - today, they're experiencing the worse drought in recorded history - only 20% of the forrests are still there. Water has to be brought to them from our own water suply. The past two days, I was unable to get onto the internet because of interfearance caused by thunder storms. The banks of our river expanded by five meters on both sides, where it would normally be dried up this time of the year. In other coastal places such as Cape Town and Durban, 60% of the beaches have disappeared because of rising sea levels.
Florida is closer to the Equator than South Africa. Rolling Eyes I'm also not going to re-post all my evidence for why it's not natural because, apparently, you haven't been reading any of my posts. Neutral
Oh, I've been listening, and it doesn't effect me because I don't live anywhere NEAR the Equator!!! And "thousands of years ago" is WRONG!!! more like only about 100. And the salespeople are taking advantage of this "crisis" you say by selling us expensive "energy efficient" lightbulbs!! If they really wanted us to help the planet, they would be free!
Mod-Kironi_68
Mod-Kironi_68
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-DudeMan95 Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:57 am

Kironi_68 wrote:
Mod-DudeMan95 wrote:

Oh, I've been listening, and it doesn't effect me because I don't live anywhere NEAR the Equator!!! And "thousands of years ago" is WRONG!!! more like only about 100. And the salespeople are taking advantage of this "crisis" you say by selling us expensive "energy efficient" lightbulbs!! If they really wanted us to help the planet, they would be free!
Oh! You're talking about Industrilisation! Well, actually, look here:
2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..." - Page 2 2hre58p
(Made in Paint) It was realy hot (not hotter - and coal-powerplants/cars/primitive planes/etc. allready existed by then Rolling Eyes ), but bacause they stopped using lead in feul, the atmosphere got to heal allitle, but since the idiots didn't learn from their mistakes, it heated up again.

Oh, and it doesn't matter where you live. That's whay they call it Global Warming (it should actually be called Global Climate Change, but, meh).

Finally, I've allready realised your point with the lightbulb thing (even though we get energy-saving lightbulbs and other enviromentally friendly products for free in South Africa). That's why I HATE salespeople! Mad Anyway kind kind of "evidence" is that? You're fighting without a weapon, man! You've got no evidence to disprove Climate Change, while I have enough to prove it conclusively. Neutral

Anyway, regardless of weather or not salespeople are evil and would rather get money than save the planet, do you believe that we are, infact, facing an atmospheric crisis? If not, Spode help you...
Mod-DudeMan95
Mod-DudeMan95
Species
Species

Location : If I told you, I'd have to kill you. You think I'm lying? How'd you know? o.0 Fine, South Africa. T_T

Back to top Go down

2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..." - Page 2 Empty Watch this

Post  Mod-Kironi_68 Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:31 am

Mod-Kironi_68
Mod-Kironi_68
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-DudeMan95 Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:41 am

Kironi_68 wrote:
Neutral Sorry, I'm not gonna waste my time on that.

Regardless, how do you explain the glacial melting? How do you explain the year by year shifting of the climate? How do you explain Huricane Katrina's abnormalities? How do you explain the fact that South Africa's forrests are becoming desert!? How do you explain how tropical plants are suddenly flurishing in Franse!!? How do you explain sea level rise!!!? How do you explain the sudden erosion of the Barrier Islands!!!!? You do you explain the fact the 20% of the Pacific Sand Islands have suddenly been washed away!!!!!? How do you explain the fact that Greenland A FREAKING PERMANET ICE-COVERED LANDMASS has lost 40% of it's ice in a matter of years!!!!!!? How do you explain the melting of a 1500-year old ice sheat the size of Texas within the period of a decade!!!!!!!? HOW THE HELL DO YOU EXPLAIN ANY OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

I'm experiencing this personally, so don't you dare deny this. Give me one GOOD reason why you're being so ignorant.

If you still don't want to believe, go here. Hopefully you'll find some sence there.
Mod-DudeMan95
Mod-DudeMan95
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-Kironi_68 Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:16 pm

Mod-DudeMan95 wrote:
Kironi_68 wrote:

Regardless, how do you explain the glacial melting? How do you explain the year by year shifting of the climate? How do you explain Huricane Katrina's abnormalities? How do you explain the fact that South Africa's forrests are becoming desert!? How do you explain how tropical plants are suddenly flurishing in Franse!!? How do you explain sea level rise!!!? How do you explain the sudden erosion of the Barrier Islands!!!!? You do you explain the fact the 20% of the Pacific Sand Islands have suddenly been washed away!!!!!? How do you explain the fact that Greenland A FREAKING PERMANET ICE-COVERED LANDMASS has lost 40% of it's ice in a matter of years!!!!!!? How do you explain the melting of a 1500-year old ice sheat the size of Texas within the period of a decade!!!!!!!? HOW THE HELL DO YOU EXPLAIN ANY OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

I'm experiencing this personally, so don't you dare deny this. Give me one GOOD reason why you're being so ignorant.

If you still don't want to believe, go here. Hopefully you'll find some sence there.
How do I explain? 1. Techtonic plate shifts, 2. aliens heating our planet via heat rays. afraid
Mod-Kironi_68
Mod-Kironi_68
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-Kironi_68 Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:16 pm

Mod-DudeMan95 wrote:
Kironi_68 wrote:

I'm experiencing this personally, so don't you dare deny this. Give me one GOOD reason why you're being so ignorant. And if you want to get things through to people, do a grammer check. Neutral

Maybe you should do some grammer checks too.
Mod-Kironi_68
Mod-Kironi_68
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-DudeMan95 Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:37 am

Kironi_68 wrote:How do I explain? 1. Techtonic plate shifts, 2. aliens heating our planet via heat rays. afraid
1) Has been accuring forever, basically, and very, VERY slowly. It doesn't account for anything Climate Change related. The only way it could is with volcanoes, but seeing as there'd have to be a volcanic eruption on almost every majour volco on the planet at least once a week, that can't be it either.

2) lol!

Also, since you just admitted to Global Warming being real by actually giving explainations, I win!! very happy

Ok, before that senceless argument, where were we again? Oh, yeah. I was bussy explaining how a Solar Storm ejected from the sun could destroy our ozone layer and much of our atmosphere leaving the surface of our planet fried!! afraid

They show that pretty awesomely in the movie Knowing. It's the weirdest mixture of the Paranormal, Sci-Fi and Disaster genres I've ever seen! three eyes But it's still pretty awesome (some of the greatest special effects I've ever seen are in that movie).

Oh, and regarding by bad grammar/spelling/punctuation? I type realy fast without even looking at the keyboard or screen and then send before revising (I sould realy get into the habit of revicing my posts before I post them... Embarassed )

So, truce? Please? I realy hate arguing with a friend. Wink
Mod-DudeMan95
Mod-DudeMan95
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-Kironi_68 Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:06 am

Plate techtonics is why Antartica is an ice cap. And OK, you can win, Mr. Al Gore. My opinion has not changed.
Mod-Kironi_68
Mod-Kironi_68
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-DudeMan95 Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:03 am

Kironi_68 wrote:Plate techtonics is why Antartica is an ice cap. And OK, you can win, Mr. Al Gore. My opinion has not changed.
very happy to me winning.

Crying or Very sad to you still remaining ignorant.

Anyway, I saw the movie (2012) today! Very Happy The ending is awesome! Watch it!
Mod-DudeMan95
Mod-DudeMan95
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-Kironi_68 Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:02 pm

It looks like this here.2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..." - Page 2 22169747_240X180Some global warming huh?
Mod-Kironi_68
Mod-Kironi_68
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-Kironi_68 Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:04 pm

And I'm not saying that it's ok for people to drive huge SUVs or waste gas, I don't even understand that as well, but it's not getting hotter, it's getting COLDER!!!!!!
Mod-Kironi_68
Mod-Kironi_68
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-DudeMan95 Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:05 am

Kironi_68 wrote:And I'm not saying that it's ok for people to drive huge SUVs or waste gas, I don't even understand that as well, but it's not getting hotter, it's getting COLDER!!!!!!
As I said earlier, it's the weather changing. That's why it should be called Climate Change. Not "Global Warming". Rolling Eyes

The thing is, because of so called "greenhouse gasses", heat from the sun is trapped in our atmosphere. Sure, this started warming up the planet, but as polar ice melted (and still does - at an alarming rate), it dumpes a gigantic amount of fresh water in the salt water oceans every day. This meens that the ocean chemistry is changing and, of caurse, weather relies heavily on ocean currents evaporation and other factors.

The thing is, freah water cools faster and easier than salt water (because of the salt) so sea water is colder than normal in some places when it evaporates into clouds, witch meens that the clouds will be colder, witch meens that whereever the clouds are blown to, the weather will be colder.

While the atmosphere is inded heating up, the weather pattern in some places are doing the exact oposite. Weird, huh?

To make things even worse, did you know that water vapour is a greenhouse gas? So the more greenhouse gasses are pumped into the atmosphere, the more solar heat is trapped, the hotter it gets, the more water evaporates, the more solar heat gets trapped, the hotter it gets (etc.) the more polar ice melts, the more fresh water is dumped into the oceans, the colder parts of the oceans become, the colder the water that evaporates from the oceans, the colder the weather in some places!! Shocked

Dun, dun, duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnn... DUN! afraid

Climate change is actually alot more complicated than that. Oh, and I just wandering. You've admitted that the climate is changing drastically, but what exactly don't you believe? Is it the fact that it's mainly caused by us?
Mod-DudeMan95
Mod-DudeMan95
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-Kironi_68 Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:11 pm

The sea won't rise if the ice caps melt, the sea will get shallower!(ice has more mass than water, the entire north pole is ice, just floating in the sea. when water freezes, it gets 10% larger. using this information, it is clear that the sea would get smaller if you melt the ice. put an ice cube in water and mark the water level. wait for it to melt and then look at the origional level. it should be less.)
Mod-Kironi_68
Mod-Kironi_68
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-Kironi_68 Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:18 pm

And yes I STRONGLY disbelieve in it being caused by us. like I said, It's not OK to give off too much carbon emmissions, because it is possible that this can effect mankind in the far future. right now, and in 2 years, the heat will most likely be the the same (or hotter, it's freezing!2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..." - Page 2 Xmas-smiley-4591)
Mod-Kironi_68
Mod-Kironi_68
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-DudeMan95 Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:49 am

Mod-Kironi_68 wrote:The sea won't rise if the ice caps melt, the sea will get shallower!(ice has more mass than water, the entire north pole is ice, just floating in the sea. when water freezes, it gets 10% larger. using this information, it is clear that the sea would get smaller if you melt the ice. put an ice cube in water and mark the water level. wait for it to melt and then look at the origional level. it should be less.)
lol!

Have you been listning?

Ok, it doen't matter how much water is dumped into the oceans, it'll still rise! (Duh... Rolling Eyes ) So, basically, you're telling me that if I put alot of water into a ducket, the water level will rise, but if I put less water into the bucket, the water level will fall!? Aw, What?

Think before you speak.

Oh, and that experiment will not be reliable, since you're not taking into acount that by the time the ice had melted, some water would allready have evaporated. To counter the effects, I started the experiment with alot of ice before making the mark. The water level in the bucket rose by 5 centimenters. Are you listing? I don't know who told you the water level will fall, but they seriously need to use their common sence.

Also, only 30% of all ice is actually on the oceans. Antarctica is a landmass.
Mod-DudeMan95
Mod-DudeMan95
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-Kironi_68 Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:50 pm

[quote="Mod-DudeMan95"]
Mod-Kironi_68 wrote:Ok, it doen't matter how much water is dumped into the oceans, it'll still rise! (Duh... Rolling Eyes ) So, basically, you're telling me that if I put alot of water into a ducket, the water level will rise, but if I put less water into the bucket, the water level will fall!? Aw, What?

No. I'm saying all this water is already in the ocean, as ice is water. So actually, there will be absolutely no more water in the ocean if the ice melts. And most of Antartica is ice.
Mod-DudeMan95 wrote:The water level in the bucket rose by 5 centimenters.
Centimeters? *DOES NOT COMPUTE* exploding grox
Mod-Kironi_68
Mod-Kironi_68
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-DudeMan95 Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:37 am

[quote="Mod-Kironi_68"]
Mod-DudeMan95 wrote:
Mod-Kironi_68 wrote:Ok, it doen't matter how much water is dumped into the oceans, it'll still rise! (Duh... Rolling Eyes ) So, basically, you're telling me that if I put alot of water into a ducket, the water level will rise, but if I put less water into the bucket, the water level will fall!? Aw, What?

No. I'm saying all this water is already in the ocean, as ice is water. So actually, there will be absolutely no more water in the ocean if the ice melts. And most of Antartica is ice.

Firstly, that is not true. The ice is floating on the water and is not actually part of it. Oh, and 95% of Antarctica's ice is on the continent itself... witch is land. Furthermore, you're failing to realise that 15% of the Earth's ice is not in the poles, but on mountains. As this ice melts, it floas down rivers into the oceans... causing it to rise.

All these things are obvious. Why do you need me to explain them? Neutral

Secondly, I mesured in a bucket... hunf (Centimeter = 1/3 of an inch).
Mod-DudeMan95
Mod-DudeMan95
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-Kironi_68 Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:48 pm

[quote="Mod-DudeMan95"]
Mod-Kironi_68 wrote:
Mod-DudeMan95 wrote:

Firstly, that is not true. The ice is floating on the water and is not actually part of it. Oh, and 95% of Antarctica's ice is on the continent itself... witch is land. Furthermore, you're failing to realise that 15% of the Earth's ice is not in the poles, but on mountains. As this ice melts, it floas down rivers into the oceans... causing it to rise.

All these things are obvious. Why do you need me to explain them? Neutral

Secondly, I mesured in a bucket... hunf (Centimeter = 1/3 of an inch).
One, maybe you should think before you speak. (TYPOS!!!) Second, you are failing to realize the all that water came from somewhere.The ocean was origionally all liquid and so is is actually going into its origional state. And we can adapt to higher water levels just fine.

Back to the solar storm thing, the Earth's magnetic fields protect us from this. Don't deny this, as this is a proven fact. If it didn't, we'd be long dead by now.
Mod-Kironi_68
Mod-Kironi_68
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-Kironi_68 Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:49 pm

And i meant water in the world.
Mod-Kironi_68
Mod-Kironi_68
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2