Sporechat - The Unofficial Spore Forums
Welcome to Sporechat!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Sporechat!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..."

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What do you think will happend on 2012?

2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..." Vote_lcap0%2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..." Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..." Vote_lcap0%2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..." Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..." Vote_lcap50%2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..." Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..." Vote_lcap50%2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..." Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..." Empty 2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..."

Post  Mod-DudeMan95 Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:54 am

I'm realy looking forward to watching it - it looks so cool.

In this thread, we'll be talking (not argeuing!!!) about 2012. The movie, the prophecy and possiple ways it could unfold.

What makes the date, 2012, different from other end of th world dates, is that it's been predicted so long ago. It also coresponds to an actual accurance: Earth's equatorial line, the sun's equatorial line, the Zodiac line and the milky way will create an "invisible cartwheel shape" over the centre of the galaxy (in the Milky way - yes, we can see it from Earth). Now, we all know how good the Mayans were with astronomy and maths, right? So they could've just calculated that this would happend and just said "Hey, this is neat! Let's make the end of the world as we know it then!", right? Wrong. The Mayans could see the Milky Way in the night sky, but they didn't have a Zodiac line, nor did they know of equators. They could thus not have calculated this. Finally, while other end-of-the-world dates (eg. 6 June 2006, 1 Junuary 2000, etc.) matched a patern (eg. 666, the new millenium), 2012 matches, well, nothing excluding the above mentioned celestial alignment. It's allso interesting to note that no other end-of-days date has ever been so precise: 11:11 Am, 21 December 2012 - That is the exact date. Also, it's not just the Mayans who predicted it, it was also the Egyptians, the Aztects, the Cambodians, the builders of Timbactu, Noustradamous, even Great Zimbabwian! Now, that's unique to no other end-of-the-world date.

So, yeah, I'm a believer. Do not fear, however. It's not exactly the end of the world, but actually the end of the world as we know it. Who ever said we're all gonna die? Heck, we might just meet aliens on that date! Laughing

Now it's time for you to share your thoughts on 2012. (I set the calender to 11:11 Am, 21 December 2012;)

Last edited by Mod-DudeMan95 on Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:59 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed Video)
Mod-DudeMan95
Mod-DudeMan95
Species
Species

Location : If I told you, I'd have to kill you. You think I'm lying? How'd you know? o.0 Fine, South Africa. T_T

http://www.spore.com/view/myspore

Back to top Go down

2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..." Empty Re: 2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..."

Post  Admin-TheSerpent Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:45 am

meh, don't believe in it.
Admin-TheSerpent
Admin-TheSerpent
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

Location : You know, I can ban you if you are here to stalk me. T_T

https://sporechat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..." Empty Re: 2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..."

Post  Mod-DudeMan95 Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:34 pm

What are the odds of all those stangers to one another predicting the exact same date? Realy, realy low. That's one of the reasons I believe. But if nothing happends, it wont be the end of the world, right? (Pardon the pun.) Either way, it's still very interesting (and a realy good movie!). Wink
Mod-DudeMan95
Mod-DudeMan95
Species
Species

Location : If I told you, I'd have to kill you. You think I'm lying? How'd you know? o.0 Fine, South Africa. T_T

Back to top Go down

2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..." Empty meh

Post  Mod-Kironi_68 Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:45 pm

They thought the world would end in the 1800s...doubt it will in 2012...although obama could be reelected then... lol!
Mod-Kironi_68
Mod-Kironi_68
Species
Species

http://everybodypanic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin-TheSerpent Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:33 pm

My science teacher made a good speach about it, I don't remember the details, though.

(he didn't beleive in it)
Admin-TheSerpent
Admin-TheSerpent
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

Location : You know, I can ban you if you are here to stalk me. T_T

https://sporechat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-DudeMan95 Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:30 am

Read the part about differences between other end-of-days dates and 2012.
Mod-DudeMan95
Mod-DudeMan95
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..." Empty meh

Post  Mod-Kironi_68 Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:54 am

the mayans just thought the human race will take a...leap of intelligence. either that or the mayans got lazy and never finished their calander lol!
Mod-Kironi_68
Mod-Kironi_68
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-DudeMan95 Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:01 am

Kironi_68 wrote:the mayans just thought the human race will take a...leap of intelligence. either that or the mayans got lazy and never finished their calander lol!
That would be so cool!! very happy Well, the Mayans said it would be the end of the wold as we know it, so you can basically fit anything in there that will change the world/our way of thinking/etc. dramatically. Thus, the world as we know it might end by the human race taking a huge leap of intelect. Wink
Mod-DudeMan95
Mod-DudeMan95
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-Kironi_68 Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:03 am

Mod-DudeMan95 wrote:
Kironi_68 wrote:the mayans just thought the human race will take a...leap of intelligence. either that or the mayans got lazy and never finished their calander lol!
That would be so cool!! very happy Well, the Mayans said it would be the end of the wold as we know it, so you can basicallt fit anything in there that will change the world/our way of thinking/etc. dramatically. Thus, the world as we know it might end by the human race taking a huge leap of intelect. Wink
Even if the human race ends, the Earth, our big cuddly rock, will still exist
Mod-Kironi_68
Mod-Kironi_68
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-DudeMan95 Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:07 am

Kironi_68 wrote:
Mod-DudeMan95 wrote:
That would be so cool!! very happy Well, the Mayans said it would be the end of the wold as we know it, so you can basicallt fit anything in there that will change the world/our way of thinking/etc. dramatically. Thus, the world as we know it might end by the human race taking a huge leap of intelect. Wink
Even if the human race ends, the Earth, our big cuddly rock, will still exist
That is, unless it ends in a realy, REALY catastrophic way. Click here to see the possible ways we could go extinct on 2012 - there are some scinarioes there where the Earth itself gets destroyed. Shocked
Mod-DudeMan95
Mod-DudeMan95
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-Kironi_68 Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:53 am

Also, looking at a scientific standpoint, the the possibility of the numbers having any relevance to the end of the world is VERY inplausible. If we meet aliens, then the matter of them even having thier own numeric system is not very reliable. Also, from a scientific standpoint, the dates mentioned comes directly from religious beleifs, thus making them unreliable. study
Mod-Kironi_68
Mod-Kironi_68
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-DudeMan95 Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:38 am

Kironi_68 wrote:Also, looking at a scientific standpoint, the the possibility of the numbers having any relevance to the end of the world is VERY inplausible.
That's EXACTLY why 2012 is SO much more believeable than anything like 2000 or 666. It has no conection whatsoever to a specific, round nomber!! (Also, in mayan years, the date 2012 would be 4072) It's got nothing at all to do with nombers. Rolling Eyes Furthermore, how can you ,or anyone else, for that mater, explain how SO MANY different people who didn't even know of each other's existance predict the EXACT SAME DATE!? Shocked The odds of that happening are ASTRONIMICAL!! And yet, it happend. All those random people predicted the exact same date. There's got to be something there.
Mod-DudeMan95
Mod-DudeMan95
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-Kironi_68 Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:49 am

Kironi_68 wrote:Also, from a scientific standpoint, the dates mentioned comes directly from religious beleifs, thus making them unreliable. study
Mod-Kironi_68
Mod-Kironi_68
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-DudeMan95 Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:14 am

Mod-DudeMan95 wrote:Furthermore, how can you ,or anyone else, for that mater, explain how SO MANY different people who didn't even know of each other's existance predict the EXACT SAME DATE!? Shocked The odds of that happening are ASTRONIMICAL!! And yet, it happend. All those random people predicted the exact same date. There's got to be something there.
Mod-DudeMan95
Mod-DudeMan95
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-Kironi_68 Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:36 am

Mod-DudeMan95 wrote:
Mod-DudeMan95 wrote:Furthermore, how can you ,or anyone else, for that mater, explain how SO MANY different people who didn't even know of each other's existance predict the EXACT SAME DATE!? Shocked The odds of that happening are ASTRONIMICAL!! And yet, it happend. All those random people predicted the exact same date. There's got to be something there.
...or the mayans told other people it just to fool the people in the future Idea
Mod-Kironi_68
Mod-Kironi_68
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-DudeMan95 Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:44 am

Kironi_68 wrote:
Mod-DudeMan95 wrote:
...or the mayans told other people it just to fool the people in the future Idea
Or maby someone from the future time travled and told the Mayans and all those other people about 2012 as a warning! Shocked
Mod-DudeMan95
Mod-DudeMan95
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-Kironi_68 Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:34 am

Mod-DudeMan95 wrote:
Kironi_68 wrote:
Mod-DudeMan95 wrote:
Or maby someone from the future time travled and told the Mayans and all those other people about 2012 as a warning! Shocked
Or maybe not! Shocked
Mod-Kironi_68
Mod-Kironi_68
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-Zaroas Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:30 am

Kironi_68 wrote:
Mod-DudeMan95 wrote:
Kironi_68 wrote:
Mod-DudeMan95 wrote:
Or maybe not! Shocked
Maybe the whole thing with all the different people predicting that same exact thing was the biggest coincidence the world has ever seen. Or maybe it was a conspiracy to freak us out. Or maybe... I've run out of ideas. Mad
Mod-Zaroas
Mod-Zaroas
Cell
Cell

Location : Behind you. Yes, I'm invisible. You got a problem with that?

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-DudeMan95 Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:24 am

Mod-Zaroas wrote:
Kironi_68 wrote:
Mod-DudeMan95 wrote:
Kironi_68 wrote:
Mod-DudeMan95 wrote:
Or maybe not! Shocked
Maybe the whole thing with all the different people predicting that same exact thing was the biggest coincidence the world has ever seen. Or maybe it was a conspiracy to freak us out. Or maybe... I've run out of ideas. Mad
Laughing Well, that would be highly, highly, unlikely. Point remains, though. That celestial alighnment will actually happend then and there's no way it could have been calculated. That and, I've just discovered something rather disturbing: Our sun (Sol) has an eleven-year cycle of high and low flare and sunspot activity. Every peak in this cycle, it fires out an incledibly high amount of solar rays, flares and sometimes even storms. The last "solar peak" was in 2001, and it wiped out a third of Asias power suply for up to five months! And that was a small storm!! Shocked A realy big storm could completely disintigrate our ozone layer. Oh, and geuswe what 2001 + 11 is? 2012!!!! That's the year of the next solar peak! afraid
Mod-DudeMan95
Mod-DudeMan95
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-Kironi_68 Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:45 pm

My theory is that a meteor will impact and, instead of creating a dust cloud and suffoacting all life, it blows a huge chunk of rock off the planet and the sudden shift of weight cause the earth to slowly hurtle towards the sun ( terrified), but not entering, but only moving it 2 mil. miles closer. This would happen in a metter of 5 or so years, giving life no time to adapt to the huge increase of temperature and lack of water. Sounds...possible yet unlikely. content smilie
Mod-Kironi_68
Mod-Kironi_68
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-Kironi_68 Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:52 pm

Mod-DudeMan95 wrote:
Mod-Zaroas wrote:
Kironi_68 wrote:
Mod-DudeMan95 wrote:
Kironi_68 wrote:
Mod-DudeMan95 wrote:
Or maybe not! Shocked
Laughing Well, that would be highly, highly, unlikely. Point remains, though. That celestial alighnment will actually happend then and there's no way it could have been calculated. That and, I've just discovered something rather disturbing: Our sun (Sol) has an eleven-year cycle of high and low flare and sunspot activity. Every peak in this cycle, it fires out an incledibly high amount of solar rays, flares and sometimes even storms. The last "solar peak" was in 2001, and it wiped out a third of Asias power suply for up to five months! And that was a small storm!! Shocked A realy big storm could completely disintigrate our ozone layer. Oh, and geuswe what 2001 + 11 is? 2012!!!! That's the year of the next solar peak! afraid
Possible, yet unlikely. The ozone layer is the greatest coinspiracy I have ever heard. Global warming is just a coincidence in the placements of sunspots. It's cooler one second, then hot the next because a sunspot was over us, but now isn't! (no secret text beyond this point) Everyone needs to just shut up about global warming...even if it is real, IT WON'T EVEN EFFECT US FOR HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS OF YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mod-Kironi_68
Mod-Kironi_68
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-DudeMan95 Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:14 am

Kironi_68 wrote:
Mod-DudeMan95 wrote:
Mod-Zaroas wrote:
Kironi_68 wrote:
Mod-DudeMan95 wrote:
Kironi_68 wrote:
Mod-DudeMan95 wrote:
Or maybe not! Shocked
Possible, yet unlikely. The ozone layer is the greatest coinspiracy I have ever heard. Global warming is just a coincidence in the placements of sunspots. It's cooler one second, then hot the next because a sunspot was over us, but now isn't! (no secret text beyond this point) Everyone needs to just shut up about global warming...even if it is real, IT WON'T EVEN EFFECT US FOR HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS OF YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's not a conspiracy. Neutral And it's climate change, not global warming. Rolling Eyes People who think the climate change we're experiencing is some sort of hoax are (sorry about this) [hate]ignorant idiots who are likely too afraid to look beyond the conviences we use every day, yet destroyes our own atmosphere.[/hate]

Tell me, have you ever been to Greenland? Or any other poler region for that matter? Ice that has been there for thousands of years dissapear over a matter of years (not hundreds of thousands). That not natuaral. Sure climate change is part of Earth's natural cycle, but it takes tens of thousands of years for the changes to be recognisable. In the one we're experiencing now, some changes can be seen on a daily basis!

Anyway, the ozone layer is a layer of a gas called ozone found miles above Earth's surface. It blocks out UV rays natuaraly generated by the sun. Gasses such as corbon dioxcide (each seperate car pumpes out enough of this out on average in a week to kill two grown elephants in five minutes - there are billions of cars on this planet) react with ozone in such a way that it's chemical makup changes to corbonozone, a noctious gas (aswell as a greenhouse gas). This meens that alot more UV rays are entering (and warming) our atmosphere.

Not just that, but Corbon Dioxcide and many other "green house gasses" pumped out by humanity in cubic tons on a daily bassis trap UV rays in the atmosphere. Also, this heating effect melts hundreds of thousands of leters of ice that natuaraly flows into the oceans. This meens that the chemical make up of the oceans (fresh water vs salt water) is changing at an alarming rate, meaning that weather pattern that rely on the oceans will change aswell.

Here's a photographic comparison of the Ross Ice Shelf dissaearance in Antarctica (taken over the period of a year - the ice shelf (larger than the state of Texas) was over 150 000 years old - it no longer exists):
2012 - "The world as we know it will soon come to an end..." Larsenb

Anyway, regardless of global warming or what we're doing to our own atmosphere, the sun has the potencial to eject massive solar storms out into space, witch has the potencial to destroy our ozone layer. FACT
Mod-DudeMan95
Mod-DudeMan95
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-Kironi_68 Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:23 am

Explain, then, why the ecofreaks are yelling at us for tiny lightbulbs when airplaines are the source of the most carbon emmissions! IT'S A HOAX!!! Twisted Evil
Mod-Kironi_68
Mod-Kironi_68
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-Kironi_68 Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:24 am

And ice melting won't affect me because I do not live in a coastal area.
Mod-Kironi_68
Mod-Kironi_68
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Mod-DudeMan95 Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:30 am

Kironi_68 wrote:Explain, then, why the ecofreaks are yelling at us for tiny lightbulbs when airplaines are the source of the most carbon emmissions! IT'S A HOAX!!! Twisted Evil
Because [hate]salespeople[/hate] are taking atvantage of a global crisis! Mad

Oh, and what actual evidence do you have that climate change is not happening? Huh? hunf

Don't you dare call it a "hoax". Here where I live, it's summer. That, and we live in a semi-desert. For the first time in over fity years, we haven't had a single cloudless day! (That change took place in about two years - not hundreds of thousands.) Further south, we had a coastline covered in lush forrests. It used to be the wettest psrt of South Africa - today, they're experiencing the worse drought in recorded history - only 20% of the forrests are still there. Water has to be brought to them from our own water suply. The past two days, I was unable to get onto the internet because of interfearance caused by thunder storms. The banks of our river expanded by five meters on both sides, where it would normally be dried up this time of the year. In other coastal places such as Cape Town and Durban, 60% of the beaches have disappeared because of rising sea levels.

Look at your own country, for Spode's sake! The same beach errosion is happening in Florida as we speak! Ever heard of huricane Katrina? It was caused by an unballance in ocean salt caused by polar melting!

In India, hundreds of "climate refugees" are forsed to move out of India bacause they are experiencing floods of their rivers followed by their rivers drying up bacause of the Himmalayan ice caps melting!

In fact, if we stop burning fossil feuls everywhere right now, the peoblems will still be there for over 50 years because of all the green house gasses we've allready pumped into the atmosphere!

It'd rock if we'd just all die right now for the sake of our planet - humans as a species are too greedy to stop using cars, planes, oil, coal plants, etc. because of all the money they'll loose. This is what I've got to say to them: What would you rather loose? Your money, or your planet?
Mod-DudeMan95
Mod-DudeMan95
Species
Species

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next